jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Mohamed Niyas <niyas.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Qry: Questions on "Retrieving Embedded Resources" option checked?
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 04:42:03 GMT
Team,

Any inputs for my queries?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mohamed Niyas <niyas.mohd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM
Subject: Qry: Questions on "Retrieving Embedded Resources" option checked?
To: JMeter Users List <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Team,

I need some help from you to clarify my doubts while getting the response
time (Load Time of page sampler) from JMETER.
Please answer my questions below. Ignore the questions if it is
inappropriate.

*1. Scenario A:*

I have a sampler HTTPRequest --> In which i am having a Homepage of Yahoo.
In this i have not checked the option of
"Retrieve Embedded Resources". Below the sampler results from the Tree
Listener:

*Thread Name: EmbedRes Test 1-1
Sample Start: 2009-05-25 08:46:24 IST
Load time: 374
Latency: 102
Size in bytes: 150274
Sample Count: 1
Error Count: 0
Response code: 200
Response message: OK*

*2. Scenario B:*

The same test is run with checking "Retrieve Embedded Resources". Below the
sampler results from the Tree Listener:
In this the size also increased...

*Thread Name: EmbedRes Test 1-1
Sample Start: 2009-05-25 08:46:44 IST
Load time: 1421
Latency: 154
Size in bytes: 172701
Sample Count: 1
Error Count: 0
Response code: 200
Response message: OK*

*Questions:*
**
1. What is the impact of Load-time when this option is checked? What is the
latency time? How can this value will be interpreted?
 2. Does any body can explain me about the load-time breakdown of the page
timings? I meant that the load time
    of Jmeter will be equal to (*server process time + embedded resources
time + client validation (if regex is there) + any other ????*)
3. If i have cache manager in my test plan, the same page requests is not
having the lower response. What i meant, if this is enabled the
    same page requests should be minimum. but in my case it is going high or
equal to the older value.

*If Embed-Resource not checked:*
**
1. In this case will the load time only give the server processing time
only?
2. Is the Load time will include all the sub-samplers (Embedded) load time
as well always?
3. If i am running the performance test, will I be getting the correct
measure of load time or will i miss some other measures?
**
*If Embed-Resource checked:*
**
1. Is the sum of load-time of sub-samplers will be included in the total
load time of Jmeter response in case?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks
Mohamed Niyas M