jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <rasmus.niel...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: web service test, but get errors
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:33:32 GMT
Hi

Thank you very much, it works now !! :)

I am now running it in non-gui mode, and the result is written to a file via the -l option.
But now I will like to have the result piped to a socked instead, is this possible ?

Best Regards,
Rasmus B. Nielsen

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: 22. april 2009 13:53
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: web service test, but get errors

On 22/04/2009, rasmus.nielsen@accenture.com
<rasmus.nielsen@accenture.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
>  My name is Rasmus B. Nielsen, and I am at the moment tried to do benchmarking tests
on a web service, through JMeter (I am one form earlier, which had problems with his MySQL
server). Unfortunately do I not get any result data, and gets errors in my jmeter log file,
really hope there is someone who can help me.

>  I have setup a web service to run locally, and I can access it through a browser.
>
>  I have added a WebService(SOAP) Request, in WSDL URL I have entered the WSDL, I got
my simple HelloWorld method (takes no input, and just returns back hello world) listed in
Web Methods, when I clicked "Configure" the "protocol (default http)","Server Name or IP",
"Port Number", and "SOAPAction" was populated with the correct values.

>  First I did try with Soap/XML-RPC Data filed  empty, then in the log file I got:
>  2009/04/22 10:46:10 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread Thread Group 1-1 started
>  2009/04/22 10:46:10 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.WebServiceSampler: No post
data provided!
>  2009/04/22 10:46:10 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.WebServiceSampler: [SOAPException:
faultCode=Could not create document; msg=]

>  So I put:
>  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>  <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>   <soap:Body>
>     <HelloWorld xmlns="http://tempuri.org/" />
>   </soap:Body>
>  </soap:Envelope>
>
>  In the Soap/XML-RPC Data filed, but now in the log file I get:
>  2009/04/22 11:12:49 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread Thread Group 1-4 is
done
>  2009/04/22 11:12:49 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Ending thread Thread
Group 1-4
>  2009/04/22 11:12:49 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.WebServiceSampler: Missing
class:  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Multipart
>                              at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:228)
>                              at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.WebServiceSampler.sample(WebServiceSampler.java:433)
>                              at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1007)
>                              at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:290)
>                              at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
>  Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, and how I fix it?

See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#WebService(SOAP)_Request

Second paragraph.

But I would recommend using the SOAP/XML-RPC sampler instead, as it
uses fewer resources.