jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Noel O'Brien <nobr...@newbay.com>
Subject Re: Response Time of Http Request
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:35:55 GMT
Are the times still 10000-20000 with one thread?

If not, then that may indicate:
1. High network delays
2. Possible Resource Contention in your server due to multi-threading, etc.

Use tcpdump or some other network analysis tool to confirm the times are high. You should
be able to deduce where the discrepancy is coming from

Regards,
Noel

----- Original Message -----
From: "linuxos" <linuxbetter@gmail.com>
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: Friday, 24 April, 2009 06:36:42 GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re: Response Time of Http Request

In the Sampler result, I don't know why the "Load time" and "Latency" are
often over 10000 and sometimes over 20000, but the actual time per request
should be 2-4 seconds if run in browser.

My "Thread Properties":
Number of Threads (users): 5
Ramp-Up Period (in seconds): 0
Loop Count: 1

If "Load time" is divided by "Number of Threads", then I think the result is
reasonable. Did I set something wrong?