jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject RE: JMeter Loadtesting Flex Parameters in request
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:28:29 GMT

Bert,

I found your old post below, and was wondering did you have much success with
the parameterization of AMF data? I am looking to test a flex application and
would like to do something similar to what you have described - either
parameterize AMF data "on the fly" or generate AMF files with different data
in advance. Any tips, experiences, etc. you can share would be much
appreciated!!

Kind Regards,

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: bert.swinnen@telenet.be [mailto:bert.swinnen@telenet.be]
Sent: 18 November 2008 08:01
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: JMeter Loadtesting Flex Parameters in request

*************************************

This e-mail has been received by the Revenue Internet e-mail service. (IP)

*************************************

One thing that I'd like to achieve as well is that I can change the file to
send with each request.

Example:

Send files with request - parameter name - mime type
....POST13234.binary -                - application/amf

like

....${myfile}.binary -                - application/amf

and fill in the $myfile each request with another value.

The idea is to generate the binaries needed with the correct parameters and
vary the file that is send with the request.

kind regards,

: bert.swinnen@telenet.be [mailto:bert.swinnen@telenet.be]
>Verzonden
: maandag
, november
 17, 2008 03:58 PM
>Aan
: 'JMeter Users List'
>Onderwerp
: Re: JMeter Loadtesting Flex Parameters in request

>I read the manual and I understand that it is possible to use parameters in
standard web requests. Furthermore this looks rather easy.

>So I ask myself if it is possible to use some kind of parametrization for
AMF3 requests?

>kind regards,
>

>Bert Swinnen

session. I noticed that JMeter saves the amf request in *.binary files. These
files are then being used during load testing.
>>I would like to parametize these files so that certain values are filled in
dynamically.

>>I would like to use a csv file which contains ID/name pairs. Fill in these
values in the *.binary before sending the request. Send the request and read
in the response.