jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating JMeter test cases programatically and running through program
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:20:55 GMT
On 08/04/2009, Rajesh Balamohan <rajesh.balamohan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, currently the only way to create simple testcases with http is to
>  launch jmeter and configure the testcases.

Or use the Proxy Server to record a browser session.

>  Would it be possible to create the simple testcases programtically without
>  having to launch jmeter GUI

Yes, of course, this is open source so you get to see how it's all done...

The JMX files are just text files, so you can create them with a
scripting program.
That's probably the easiest approach.

Or you can have a look at how the Proxy creates the test plan.

>  ~Rajesh.B
>

>  On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Rajesh Balamohan <
>  rajesh.balamohan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  >
>  >
>  > Thankx for reply Noel.
>  >>
>  >> Yes.  It is possible to do that way. But it spawns off a new process.
>  >>
>  >> I was wondering if we can
>  >>
>  >> 1. create a testcase programatically and populate the hashtree in jmeter
>  >> 2. Invoke StandAloneJMeter and pass on this hashtree(configuration)
>  >> 3. Gather the results and populate them into database from custom program.
>  >>
>  >> ~Rajesh.B
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Noel O'Brien <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
>  >>
>  >>>  On Wednesday 08 April 2009 14:57:38 Rajesh Balamohan wrote:
>  >>>
>  >>> > Hello Folks,
>  >>>
>  >>> >
>  >>>
>  >>> > I have some experience in using this wonderful JMeter tool. It is
>  >>> really
>  >>>
>  >>> > useful.
>  >>>
>  >>> >
>  >>>
>  >>> > I was wondering if we could the following with latest release of
>  >>> JMeter.
>  >>>
>  >>> >
>  >>>
>  >>> > 1. Create test plan programatically (using java client code, is it
>  >>> possible
>  >>>
>  >>> > to create test-plan and pass it on to JMeter?)
>  >>>
>  >>> > 2. Is it possible to kick off JMeter from some other java program?.
(I