jmeter-user mailing list archives

From viet nguyen <viet....@gmail.com>
Subject stop/shutdown test programmatically
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:23:08 GMT

I'm load testing a Java client that is part of a client-server system.

I wrote 2 custom samplers that are both extending AbstractJavaSamplerClient
- The setup sampler instantiates my test java application and performs
necessary data setup, eg connecting to the backend server.  The other
sampler performs the actual load test by calling various java methods on the
client application.

I'm looking for the ability to stop or shutdown the test if the setup
sampler fails for some reason.
Calling StandardJMeterEngine.stopEngineNow() seems to stop some working
threads but some threads can't be stopped as I'm seeing "Thread won't die:
my thread"