jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Noel O'Brien" <nobr...@newbay.com>
Subject Re: Replace JDBC Pool
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 15:05:55 GMT
On Tuesday 21 April 2009 15:47:16 sebb wrote:
> On 21/04/2009, Noel O'Brien <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >  I'm seeing some issues with slow INSERT/COMMIT times (about 4sec!) to
> > MySQL from our product and would like to recreate the same setup with
> > JMeter to rule out certain components (hibernate, DBCP, etc.)
> >
> >  Our product uses DBCP for connection pooling but JMeter uses Avalon if
> > I'm not mistaken. Is it an easy task to replace Avalon with DBCP in
> > JMeter?
>
> No, but if you set the JDBC Config Max Number of Connections to 0, it
> will use a connection per thread, i.e. no pooling.

Interesting, I'll try  this to see what the effect is.

> I'd like to remove connection pooling altogether from JMeter.
> JMeter threads are supposed to be independent users, and users don't
> share DB pools.

That's a shame, as it pooling was useful in my case to simulate how our
product works and to help point towards the DB as a bottleneck. I can see your
point thought, from an end-user point of view there's no sharing of DB pools.
Maybe it could be left an an option?