jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Sirish_Chandra <Sirish_Chan...@satyam.com>
Subject RE: MD5Hex Assertion
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:43:48 GMT
Exactly, want to know whether each time the same page is coming or it is coming with some modification.
How can I achieve this?

Thanks and Regards
Sirish

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:38 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: MD5Hex Assertion

On 10/03/2009, Sirish_Chandra <Sirish_Chandra@satyam.com> wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
>  I want to use MD5Hex Assertion http request sample. I am able to catch the MD5Hex response
from the http request by checking the checkbox "save response as MD5 hash" but each time it
is coming a dynamic value. How can I catch this dynamic value so that I can use it in the
MD5Hex Assertion element. Or is there any other way to use it?

You probably can capture the MD5 and then use it in an Assertion, but
what will that achieve?

I suppose it might be useful if you download the page once and store
the MD5, and later download the page a few more times and check the
MD5 to see if the page is identical.

Is that what you are trying to do?

Can't see it being vey useful, as the MD5 is affected by any change,
even invisible white space.

>  Thanks and Regards
>  Sirish

>  DISCLAIMER:
>  This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION.
Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of
the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
is appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: