jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Raj Dev <toraj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to record test using HTTP Proxy Server
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 01:28:12 GMT
Apparently, I have tried with IE and Mozilla, but both returning the same
issue. On Mozilla (3.0.7), its returning following error:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)

	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)

	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:431)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1021)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:195)

I have one question (may be weird), if we set the browser to "Manual Proxy
Setting" and tell it to listen on particular port (I have set it to 9090),
then how the HTTP Proxy Server of JMeter (which listens at 9090) configured
to reach to external site?

The whole idea of HTTP Proxy Server, is to access an external site. In the
browser, we have set it to listen to the port on which JMeter is configured,
but we have not configured JMeter to access the external site!! Is my
assumption correct?

Please excuse me if I am wrong, as I am new to JMeter.

I will be thankful if you could please help me to get around.

Thanks,
Dev