jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Nair, Pramod" <pramod.n...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject RE: Header in CSV File
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 06:19:26 GMT
Hi,

There is a work around to solve your problem temporarily.

This is what I do; I have an additional column named "Valid Data" which
takes the values Y/N

Before reading each row, I put the condition "${Valid Data}" == "Y" in
an If Controller. It skips if the Row contains anything other than Y,
and so it will skip the first Row as it will contain the value "Valid
Data"

Using this you can also control and process selective rows of your
datafile at runtime.

Thanks
Pramod

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:30 AM
To: JMeter Users List; jan.lagerpusch@edict.de
Subject: Re: Header in CSV File

On 02/03/2009, Jan Lagerpusch <jan.lagerpusch@edict.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  is it possible to use a CSV data file with header information, using
the
>  header column names as variables?
>  Currently, the only way this works for me is if I delete the header
row from
>  the CSV file and specify the column names in the CSV DataSet Config.
I can
>  then access the field values using the ${specified_column_name}
notation.

>  However, when I include specified_column_name as the column header in
the
>  CSV file's first row and leave the "Variable Names (comma-delimited)"
>  Parameter in CSV DataSet Config empty, the variable name is not
replaced by
>  the column contents. Do I have to use a different parameter name in
that
>  case?
>
>  Is it possible to have a header row in the CSV file after all?

No, the only way to specify the column names is using the GUI field.

Feel free to raise a Bugzilla enhancement request to allow the
variable names to be defined in the file header and/or to ignore the
file header.

>  Best regards & thanks in advance,
>  Jan

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information
and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. This email is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instruments.