jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FW: FW: https recording problem
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:31:14 GMT
On 13/03/2009, Sirish_Chandra <Sirish_Chandra@satyam.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
>  Thank you very much for the solution.
>
>  I followed the same procedure that first I recorded the http page without checking the
 option "attempt https spoofing". Then when https page came I stopped the server then checked
the spoofing option, start the server and made it http: which was https: previously in the
browser. But still I m getting the http501/http505 error. Need help.

Are you getting this error for the first https: request, or when you
try to login?

Are any spoofs working for you?

>  HTTPS spoofing mode works fine if all http: urls are to be converted to https:. This
sentence is working fine only for internal sites(without proxy settings) but failing when
requesting the external sites through proxy.

Are you referring to the JMeter Proxy server here, or are you starting
JMeter with the -H and -P options?

I don't use a proxy to access external sites
Recording of the URL you sent works fine for me as described previously.

>  Thanks and Regards
>  Sirish

the option " attempt HTTPS spoofing" it is able to record the first page where the method
"get" is used. When the method POST is coming into picture(i.e. login page)
>  >  >  Jmeter is not able to record it and throwing some exception to the browser.
Need help, how to overcome this problem? Please throw some light on this issue.
>  >  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Impossible to say definitely what the problem is, though it looks like
>  >  the server does not like something that was sent.
>  >
>  >  If the server is accessible from the internet, perhaps you could send
>  >  me the URL privately?
>
>  The URL (sent privately) used a GET of an http: page on which there is
>  a link to an https: page. I.e. only the second request requires
>  spoofing.
>
>  HTTPS spoofing does not work properly in this case.
>
>  The problem is that JMeter only translates https: to http: for
>  http, then the page contents are not processed to look for https:
>  requests.
>
>  A work-round is as follows:
>
>  Use the URL match string to ensure only the appropriate http: URLs are spoofed.
>  When the https: link is clicked, this will result in a 501 error. Edit
>  the URL to remove the https: and retry using http: - this should be
>  spoofed (converted to https) by JMeter.
>
>  The above works for me for the sample URL.
>
>  HTTPS spoofing mode works fine if all http: urls are to be converted to https:.
>  However where URL matching is used, the code obviously needs tweaking
>  to work better.
>
>  >  Possible work-rounds are:
>  >
>  >  It may work if you switch off the browser proxy just for the login,
>  >  and turn it on again later to record the rest of the session.
>  >
>  >  Or you may find that Badboy will work for you.
>  >
>  >
>  >  >  The Exception is:
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >  java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:684)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:554) at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.doTunneling(HttpURLConnection.java:1257)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:678) at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:554)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.doTunneling(HttpURLConnection.java:1257) at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:168)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:133)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:431) at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1021)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:195)
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >  Thanks and Regards
>  >  >  Sirish
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >  DISCLAIMER:
>  >  >  This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION.
Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of
the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
is appreciated.