jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Remote Testing] How can I see test results?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:05:22 GMT
On 12/03/2009, Ivan Usik <usik.ivan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your attention to my problem!
>  I've resolved it! It was a problem with Vista IPv6 protocol, client is
>  running on Vista and server is running on Windows XP, so they were coudn't
>  connect normally. I've turned off IPv6 in Vista and now It's OK.

Was there any indication of this in the server log file?
If so, could you post the lines that show this so it can be documented?

>  But your advice still could be usefull for me. Would you like to explain me:
>  if I run 3 servers and 1 client (with 100 threads in 1 group) I'll get the
>  emulation of 3 PC (by 33 threads running on each). Am I right?

No, each server will run the entire test plan, i.e 100 threads each or
300 total.

All the Listener data will be shipped back to the client system, so
you may need to enable some form of batching or statistical sampling
(see jmeter.properties) to ensure that the client is not overloaded.
However 300 threads is not a huge number.