jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter 2.3.2 not working in Linux
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:42:01 GMT
On 11/03/2009, Barath <barathguna@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I tried to run the Jmeter version - 2.3.2 in my linux system with the

Which OS version?

Did you download the zip or the tgz archive?

>  command,
>   1 . "jmeter" got "Command not found" error and so i tried

Was . on the PATH? Clearly not, given what you write below.

Did you try ./jmeter ?

Might need to do 'chmod +x jmeter'.

>   2 . "sh jmeter.sh" it just opens the jmeter frame without any
>  menu(attachment  http://www.nabble.com/file/p22455101/jmeter.log jmeter.log
>  )

Looks like the JVM is not compatible.

Try a different Java.

> . After few minutes, in command prompt i am getting the following error in
>  repeated intervals,
>  "GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 8048640):
>      May lead to memory leak and poor performance."
>
>  I then added "." in PATH and tried to run "jmeter" command now i am getting
>  error 2 (mentioned above)

That's not a JMeter issue ...

>  Since the jmeter.log shows some GUI error, i tried to run jmeter in non GUI
>  mode.
>   3. Command - "jmeter -n -t /root/software/jmeterresponse/test.jmx -l
>  /root/software/jmeterresponse/result.txt" now i am getting "permission
>  denied" error message but i logged in as ROOT.
>   4. Command - "sh jmeter.sh -n -t /root/software/jmeterresponse/test.jmx -l
>  /root/software/jmeterresponse/result.txt" now i am getting Error in
>  NonGUIDriver java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>  Note :
>  Jboss server is running the linux machine where i tried to run jmeter.
>  JAVA_HOME is also set to jdk 1.5.

However JMeter is running Java 1.4 - have a look at the log file.

>  Output of "ls -l" command in the jmeter/bin shows
>  "-rw-r--r-- l root root 3976 Jun 10 2008 jmeter" and so on for other files.

In that case you need "chmod +x jmeter jmeter.sh"