jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MD5Hex Assertion
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:08:24 GMT
On 10/03/2009, Sirish_Chandra <Sirish_Chandra@satyam.com> wrote:
> Exactly, want to know whether each time the same page is coming or it is coming with
some modification. How can I achieve this?

The easiest way would be to use "Save Response as MD5" and check that
all the values are the same after the test has completed. However you
won't be able to see what the differences are.

If you want to see what the differences are, then use Save Response to
a File and compare the files after the test completes.

If you want to just check that the content does not change - and you
don't care what the content is - then you just need to extract the
response content for use later.

You can extract the Response Data using a Regex Post-Processor e.g.:

Field=Body
Parameters:
MD5
.*
$0$
1
NOTFOUND

and then use ${MD5} in the subsequent assertions

Make sure you add the RE P-P as a child of the first sample only.

>  Thanks and Regards
>  Sirish

response from the http request by checking the checkbox "save response as MD5 hash" but each
time it is coming a dynamic value. How can I catch this dynamic value so that I can use it
in the MD5Hex Assertion element. Or is there any other way to use it?

>  You probably can capture the MD5 and then use it in an Assertion, but
>  what will that achieve?
>
>  I suppose it might be useful if you download the page once and store
>  the MD5, and later download the page a few more times and check the
>  MD5 to see if the page is identical.
>
>  Is that what you are trying to do?
>

>  Can't see it being vey useful, as the MD5 is affected by any change,
>  even invisible white space.
>
>  >  Thanks and Regards
>  >  Sirish
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  DISCLAIMER:
>  >  This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION.
Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of
the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
is appreciated.