jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MIME multipart/form-data POST problem
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:27:58 GMT
On 05/03/2009, Charlie B <bc9ams@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I've got a problem trying to run a test plan in JMeter which contains a
>  multipart/form-data POST. For some reason the web server does not respond
>  with the expected response when JMeter does the POST (which was recorded
>  with the proxy). I've used wireshark to compare the JMeter POST and one in a
>  webbrowser and the differences seem to be in the format of the form-data.
>
>  The web browser request form-data looks like this:
>
>  -----------------------------17807242114310
>
>  15
>  -----------------------------17807242114310
>

>  The equivelant part of the request in Jmeter looks like this:
>

>  -----------------------------7d159c1302d0y0
>
>  15
>
>  Is there any way I can get Jmeter to use the format of the webbrowser?

Sorry, not easily at present.

However the server really ought to cope with the additional headers...

If the content does not vary, you can create a file with the desired
POST body and send that - just omit the Parameter Name.

BTW you can test the effects of the various combinations by using the
mirror server.
Send the POST to the mirror server port, and the entire contents of
the request will be returned as the body of the response.