jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with useReqMsgIdAsCorrelId in JMS Point-to-Point Sampler
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:09:12 GMT
On 05/03/2009, Henric Hedin <hhedin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  When using the JMS Point-to-Point sampler with communication style
>  RequestResponse using JMeter 2.3.2 I get the following error in jmeter.log:
>  2009/03/05 07:40:18 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread Thread Group
>  1-5 started
>  2009/03/05 07:40:18 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.jms.sampler.Receiver: Receiver -
>  ctor. Connection to messaging system established
>  2009/03/05 07:40:18 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.jms.sampler.FixedQueueExecutor:
>  Correlation id is null. Set the JMSCorrelationID header
>
>  This problem will not occur when using e.g. version 2.2, and when looking
>  inside svn there seems to be a change which causes my problem:
>  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/jmeter/trunk/src/protocol/jms/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/jms/sampler/FixedQueueExecutor.java?view=diff&r1=701217&r2=701218&pathrev=701218

That change was made after JMeter 2.3.2 which corresponds to r665936.

So it cannot be the cause of the change in behaviour between 2.2 and 2.3.2.

>  I'm pretty new to JMeter and there seems to be a simple solution if I just
>  could set the useReqMsgIdAsCorrelId-flag to true (in JMSSampler.java (
>  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/jmeter/trunk/src/protocol/jms/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/jms/sampler/JMSSampler.java?view=markup
>  ))
>
>  Could I set this in a configuration file in some way by specifying
>  JMSSampler.useReqMsgIdAsCorrelId=true (which seems to be defined in
>  JMSSampler.java)?

No, because JMeter 2.3.2 does not have the code that uses the variable.

However, the code is already present in the current SVN trunk - there
is now a checkbox on the GUI.

If you want to try it, you can use one of the nightly builds. Follow
the links from the JMeter web-site.