jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encoded UTF16 json response
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:51:25 GMT
On 02/03/2009, Troy Harris <troy.harris.oz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Im having trouble viewing a Response which is chunked UTF-16. View results
>  tree displays encoded text which I cant use.

I doubt that the chunking makes any difference.

JMeter uses Java HTML document to display the response. I don't know
if it can handle UTF-16.

>  If I Save Response to a file it appears as
>  expected in notepad (notepad++ displays NUL after
>  each character).

That's not proof that the contents are OK - do you not have an
application that can display the data properly?

>  Am I missing a config option to allow the UTF-16 reponse to be displayed?

No.

>  Should I be able to extract a variable out of the saved file even though its
>  UTF-16?

No, you cannot extract variables out of saved files - UTF-16 or otherwise.

However, you should be able to extract variables out of the response data.

>  Response headers:
>  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>  Cache-Control: private
>  Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>  Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 05:35:05 GMT
>

>  Thanks for your help.

Is there a publically accessible page that returns data encoded in this way?

Does JMeter work OK for you if the encoding is set to UTF-8 (assuming
that there are such pages on the server under test)?