jmeter-user mailing list archives

From anthonymak <anthony....@iname.com>
Subject Re: Problem testing JSF page following PerformanceTestingWithJMeter tutorial
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 06:09:16 GMT

As part of my eternal quest to load test an JSF app, I tried to figure out
how to use the HTTP Proxy to record stream PROPERLY.

Before, when I use HTTP Proxy to record, none of my jsf queries were
recoreded (and also all the .js files and .css files downloads were NOT
recorded). Since my JSF app is running on the same machine as I am
developing in, and also JMeter runs on it as well, so I can load testing my
JSF app through the http://localhost:8080/..../XXX.jsf

Then, I tried to deploy my WAR file into another machine on my intranet, and
use http://machine1:8080/..../XXX.jsf for load testing using HTTP Proxy in
JMeter. This time, my record streams seem to capture the embedded jsf
queries (with params) and the .js and .css files.

So I am getting closer to load testing an JSF app.

Next I will try using URL Rewrite to record the jsessionid and also use Reg
Ex to simulate the ViewState as mentioned in previous replies. :)

Anthony