jmeter-user mailing list archives

From George Barnett <gbarn...@atlassian.com>
Subject Matching an entire response using the regex post-processor
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:26:10 GMT
Hi,

I have a HTTP sampler which performs a get onto a page.  The response
is a binary word document attachment.

I'd like to PUT this back up onto the server, but need to easily
extract it.  So far, I'm having no problem with the PUT - I'm using a
parameter without a name, but I'm having problems extracting the whole
response body.  For example, one response is about 281K.  I'm using
the following pattern to match it:

(?m)(.*)

This however is only matching the first 2K or there about.

Could somebody suggest a regex that would work to match the entire
output, or maybe there's a better way to do this?

Is there perhaps a variable I can get my hands on that has the
response body?

George