jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Suvendu_Mohapatra <Suvendu_mohapa...@satyam.com>
Subject RE: Looking for TOTAL run-time results, not per HTTP request.
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:50:48 GMT
Dear Team,

        Please go for nested simple controller that means add those 10 controllers under a
simple controller(say master) and add listener to every controller as well as to the master
also. I think your problem will be solved.

Please tell me how you are exporting data from listener to excel sheet without copying.

Thanks and Regards

Suvendu Kumar mohapatra

-----Original Message-----
From: jef.debacker@agfa.com [mailto:jef.debacker@agfa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:45 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Looking for TOTAL run-time results, not per HTTP request.

I've created a JMeter test plan that simulates a user accessing a web
application.
It contains just a single thread with about 10 simple controllers, run in
sequence. Each controller contains 4 to 5 HTML page requests.
All in all I have 45 page requests, totalling just under 1000 individual
HTTP requests, as I have "Retrieve All Embedded Resources from HTML Files"
turned on.

What I want to do is run this test every 15 minutes for 24 hours = 96 runs
I'm trying to measure how variable the response times are under normal
working-day conditions.

What I'm interested in is the TOTAL TIME it takes for each individual run
of this test.
I want to obtain best / worst / average / mean numbers for that total
time, and display individual run times in a graph.
What I get from JMeter however are best / worst / average / mean TIMES PER
PAGE REQUEST, i.e 45 lines in the summary report and in the aggregate
graph.
I was unable to find a way to let it show best / worst / average / mean
numbers per test run.

I could export detailed data and do some extensive juggling in a
spreadsheet, starting with manually separating data for each run.
But there should be better ways, I think.

I already tried moving all 10 simple controllers into a single one located
just below the thread group, but it didn't make a difference.

Does anyone know how JMeter can directly show me the data I want ?

Kind Regards.

Jef Debacker | Agfa HealthCare
System Engineer - Livelink Administrator | HE/ICS/IFS/WSCC
T  +32 3444 5186 | F  +32 3 444 7887 | M  +32 494 56 1024

Agfa HealthCare NV, Septestraat 27, 2640 Mortsel, Belgium
http://www.agfa.com/healthcare/
R.O.: Septestraat 27, B-2640 Mortsel, Belgium | RLE Antwerp | VAT BE
0403.003.524 | IBAN BE03570124715584 | Citibank International PLC, B-1050
Brussels
Click on link to read important disclaimer:
http://www.agfa.com/healthcare/maildisclaimer

DISCLAIMER: