jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter proxy recoring not showing cookie
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:59:15 GMT
On 24/02/2009, Mordechai <mr.happy.snappy@gmail.com> wrote:

>  my answers below in  bold

Not here they're not ...

>  sebb-2-2 wrote:
>  >
>  > On 24/02/2009, Mordechai <mr.happy.snappy@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >>
>  >>  Hi,
>  >>
>  >>  After reading your posts I wanted to better describe the problem I'm
>  >> having.
>  >>
>  >>  Problem: When executing a test plan that uses a cookie to store the
>  >> session
>  >>  id,
>  >>  the number of users who log into the test application successfully are
>  >> not
>  >>  consistent.
>  >>  My Test plan executes correctly with 1- 5 threads.
>  >>  When more than 5 threads are used I notice that some of the users do not
>  >> log
>  >>  in correctly.
>  >
>  > That could perhaps be due to a fault in the server, or an error in the
>  > CSV data used to define the users.
>  >
>  >>  Correctly means they are shown in Information Server console -> active
>  >>  sessions
>  >>  as an active connection.  Correctly also means that these users do not
>  >> fail
>  >>  against assertions
>  >>  that check for specific html in request response to assert that there
>  >> logged
>  >>  in.
>  >>
>  >>  When I check the View Results Tree, I am able to see that a user logged
>  >> in
>  >>  correctly because
>  >>  I have assertions that check for expected html in a response like
>  >> "Welcome".
>  >
>  > OK.
>  >
>  >>  Application:
>  >>  A snippet of the first few requests are the following:
>  >>  -TestPlan
>  >>  --Threadgroup
>  >>  ---CSV
>  >
>  > What is the CSV element used for?
>  >

> > The csv element is used to store user names.
>  > Yes the correct usernames are being used.
>  > Yes the user names have proper websphere permissions to log in.

Are you sure you are not accidentally reusing a user name?

>  >>  ---UserParameter
>  >>  ---View Results Tree
>  >>  ---Http Cookie Manager
>  >>  ---Http Header Manger ( contains entry User-Agent:
>  >>  Mozilla/4.79[en](X11;U;Linux 2.2.12 i386)
>  >>  ---Aggregate Report
>  >>  +--Transactoin: Script Name
>  >>  +---Transaction: LogIn Page
>  >>  -----/appname
>  >>  -----/appname/   (Header Recieved Set-Cookie JSESSIONID=00PW8JoNQgW:-1;
>  >>  Path=/
>  >>  -----/appname/searchform.do (Header sent with JSESSIONID)
>  >
>  > Does it send the correct cookie as received above?
>  >

> > Thats exactly the issue, the only way to see if a cookie JSession cookie
>  > value was sent
>  > is through the ViewResultTree and clicking on the actual request.

So?

>  > When you do so it shows a cookie value in the header sent with a jsession
>  > id.
>  > I'll check with fewer threads to see if its sending the right one.  It
>  > seems that
>  > it's obviously sending the right ones most of the time, and not when the
>  > users go
>  > above 5 or 6 users.  Is there anyway to verify this out outside of
>  > matching up
>  > requests and response in View Result?

No.

>  >>  -----/appname/login.jsp
>  >>  -----/appname/j_acegi_security_check.do (user id / pw sent here )
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>  The cookie received in /appname/ I do not see in any headers in Jmeter.
>  >
>  > What do you mean?
>  > This does not agree with "(Header sent with JSESSIONID)", nor with the
>  > output from the http debugger shown below.
>  >

> >  I was saying that I expected to see in the Jmeter test plan recording a
>  > value in the header that said
>  > cookie: and a value that was the jsession id, as I do when I view the
>  > request through Httpwatch.

We've already established that cookies are not shown in the test plan.
This is because they vary between runs, unlike other headers.

>  > The line:with "(Header sent with JSESSIONID)"
>  > was informing you that is when the cookie should be sent. I can show that
>  > is sent only by viewing the View Results tree.
>

>  >
>  >>   As I had posted earlier I incorrectly expected to see it sent as a part
>  >> of
>  >>  subsequent header requests.  Using other http debuggers
>  >>   I can see that the next request contains the following header:
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>  (Request-Line)  GET /appname/searchForm.do HTTP/1.1
>  >>  Accept  image/gif, image/x-xbitmap -shortened for this email- */*
>  >>  Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate
>  >>  Accept-Language en-us
>  >>  Connection      Keep-Alive
>  >>  Cookie  JSESSIONID=00PW8JoNQgW:-1
>  >
>  > So the cookie is sent. Is the value the expected value?
>  >
>  >>  Host    pmachine-x:9080
>  >>  User-Agent      Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1;
>  >> Avant
>  >>  Browser)
>  >>
>  >>  The cookie jsession cookie is sent to the server in
>  >>  /appname/searchform.do
>  >
>  > Is it the correct value?
>  >
>  >>  When debugging my script through View_Results Tree I can see
>  >>  that the requests are sending a jsession cookies.
>  >>
>  >>  What am I dong wrong?  When should I be using a header manager?
>  >
>  > When you need to send a header (other than a cookie).
>  >
>  >>  My problem is very very similiar to thread:
>  >>  http://marc.info/?l=jmeter-user&m=100867164302881&w=2
>  >>  except the fix did not work for me.
>  >
>  > I don't see the relevance myself.
>  >
>  >

> > The relevance is that he was trying to send a cookie that contained a
>  > jsession id
>  > and it wasnt working just as its not working for me.

But as far as I can understand from this thread, the cookies are being sent.

>  >
>  >>
>  >>  Pictures of test plan
>  >>  https://www.getdropbox.com/gallery/398664/1/Jmeter-Issues?h=2a7cab
>  >>
>  >>  a) How do you appropriately interact with cookies in this situation? (
>  >> I'm
>  >>  using a cookie manager)
>  >>  b) What obvious mistake am I making?
>  >
>  > What does the server say on the page which normally has the welcome
>  > message?
>  >

> >  WHat do you mean say? WHat is the full response?  I dont understand.  If
>  > I log in
>  > and things are fine the page displays nromal content. If I log in and its
>  > one of the threads
>  > that are not able to log in, the server returns an error page requiring
>  > log in

So what exactly does the error page say?

>  > That may give a clue as to what is going on.
>  >
>  >>  Thank you for your patience and help in advance.
>  >>  Mordechai
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>  On 23/02/2009, Mordechai <mr.happy.snappy@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >>  >
>  >>
>  >>  There's something wrong with the way previous messages are being
>  >>  quoted when you reply.
>  >>
>  >>  For some reason an extra > is being added to your responses. This
>  >>  makes it very difficult to follow the thread.
>  >>
>  >>  >
>  >>  >  sebb-2-2 wrote:
>  >>  >  >
>  >>  >  > On 23/02/2009, Mordechai <mr.happy.snappy@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >>  >  >>
>  >>  >  >>
>  >>  >  >>
>  >>  >  >>  sebb-2-2 wrote:
>  >>  >  >>  > On 23/02/2009, Mordechai <mr.happy.snappy@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  >>  >  >>  >>  Hi there,
>  >>  >  >>  >>  Thanks for the reply.  I am using the cookie manager.
 It