jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter IP Spoofing
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 12:31:27 GMT
On 03/02/2009, uzfarid <faridsharipov@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  The application that I want to test has IP based load balancer. From what I

Which is probably not going to work very well if it will be accessed
from behind a NAT router.

>  understood is that Jmeter does not have IP spoofing.

No, it does not.

But if the JMeter host has multiple IP addresses, and you use the
HttpClient version of the HttpSampler, you can use a property

httpclient.localaddress

to choose which one to use for the test run.

>  But are there any other ways to simulate IP spoofing in Jmeter?

Just use multiple hosts with differnt IPs.

>  There are 4 web servers and one database server in application. 2 web
>  servers have same Ip address. other 2 web servers and database server have
>  another IP address.

Not sure how that's relevant to JMeter.