jmeter-user mailing list archives

From anthonymak <anthony....@iname.com>
Subject Problem testing JSF page following PerformanceTestingWithJMeter tutorial
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 07:37:18 GMT

Help~

I am trying to test a JSF page by following:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/PerformanceTestingWithJMeter

However, when I tried to "record your request/response streams" as the above
page suggest, I used a HTTP Proxy to do that. However, JMeter only seems to
record a bunch of png files, it doesn't seem to record other files such as
javascript libraries files, which takes a long time to load in my web
application, and without recording these the time will be far from real. How
can I properly record a JSF app using HTTP Proxy?

Secondly, the PerformanceTestingWithJMeter page mentions using First and
Subsequent Request to simulate the ViewState. However, the test I want to do
is a single .jsf page with parameters. This page might make some other
background request in the background, but there is no explict second page I
need to test. So how can I simulate the ViewState with only 1 page?

Kind Regards,
Anthony Mak