jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Noel O'Brien" <nobr...@newbay.com>
Subject JMS Assertion??
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:33:43 GMT
Hi All,

The web application I'm testing uses JMS queues for communicating externally
when certain events occur. The JMS point to point sampler in JMeter only
provides for Request and Request/Response tests, however almost all of the
messaging I will be testing will be driven by a HTTP request, i.e. make a
HTTP request and there should be a corresponding message on a JMS queue.

What is the best way to (at least) functionally test this? I was thinking of
writing a JMS Assertion that I could add to the HTTP Request sampler, does
that sound reasonable? The JMS message occurs as a result of the HTTP request
being made so to me it makes sense for it to be an assertion.

Is there any other way of having a "Response" only JMS sampler?

Regards,
Noel