jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Provan <davepro...@hotmail.com>
Subject Redirects on HTTP Request
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:17:25 GMT

Hi,

I am using HTTP Request nodes to sample against a site however we have come accross an issue
when redirecting.

I have multiple HTTP Servers so to ensure I "hit" the correct one I use the HTTP Header Manager
to set a "Host" attribute in the HTTP Request sample set the IP address to hit

e.g. http://1.2.3.4/some/servlet

The code I am hitting then sends a redirect which JMeter will automatically follow, however
the returning redirect contains the host not the IP address so I no longer can be sure of
the web server I am testing against.

For example.

I request http://1.2.3.4/some/servlet (Host: header set to www.example.com).

This returns a redirect of http://www.example.com/its/moved/to/here.

Is it possible in JMeter to replace the returned www.example.com in the redirect URL with
the IP address?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

David Provan

Choose the perfect PC or mobile phone for you
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/130777504/direct/01/