jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "REMIJAN, MICHAEL J [AG/1000]" <michael.j.remi...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: Problem with CRON and Error in NonGUIDriver java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:45:18 GMT
Good call about the environment.  I figured it would be the same as a
login environment but it doesn't look like that's true.  The Java
version was not correct.  I pointed it to the right version and not it
works fine.

Thanks for the tip.

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 11:42 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Problem with CRON and Error in NonGUIDriver
java.lang.NullPointerException

On 05/01/2009, REMIJAN, MICHAEL J [AG/1000]
<michael.j.remijan@monsanto.com> wrote:
> JMeter Users:
>
>  I'm trying to use CRON to run JMeter and I've run into an old
familiar
>  problem of "Error in NonGUIDriver java.lang.NullPointerException".
My
>  CRON job executes:
>
>         /path/to/jmeter/bin/jmeter -t MyScriptScript.jmx -n
>
>  When I do this CRON e-mails me an error with the following text in
it:

>         "Error in NonGUIDriver java.lang.NullPointerException"
>
>  I've searched the mailing list but only found references to this
problem
>  from back in 2002, so I'm assuming it shouldn't be a big issue
anymore.
>  Is this not the correct way to run JMeter non-interactively?  What am
>  doing wrong?  How can I get this working?

Which version of JMeter?
Java?

What does jmeter.log show?

What is the exact error message?

Does JMeter run OK if you run

 /path/to/jmeter/bin/jmeter -t MyScriptScript.jmx -n

in a shell session?

Most likely cause is the cron environment is not set up correctly.

Does JMeter work OK if you execute

---------------------------------
>  This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential
information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to
receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all
attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use
of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

>  All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to
monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its
subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for
checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto,
along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any
attachment.

prohibited.