jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Eric Chu <eric....@gmail.com>
Subject Changing dataset values during runtime based on a conditional
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:49:04 GMT
Greetings all, first time poster. Apologies for the convoluted subject. I
couldn't think of a simpler one.

I'm trying to use a data set (CSV Data Set Config) for "WebService(SOAP)
Request" sampler and I was wondering if you can make the data values
different based on an if/else conditional. Here is an example:

*A line from a possible dataset would be in the format
(FIELD1,FIELD2,FIELD3,FIELD4). 3 Samples lines could be:
*
*a) 1,2,3,4
b) 1,,3,4
c) 1,2,,4*

My question is when I use these variables in my SOAP sampler (ie,
${FIELD2}), is it possible to replace the value based on whether it is an
empty string? In my example above, line b has empty string for ${FIELD2}.
I'd like to substitute it for an int value of 0 at runtime.

Thanks in advanced!

Eric