jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Kapinos" <Steve.Kapi...@tandberg.com>
Subject RE: how to use "CSV Data Set Config" to take input from file
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:00:19 GMT
There are no attachments on the listserv.

I said http sampler because I assume you are sending the form request
via http.  It's the category of sampler, you can label it other things
and maybe badboy set a label.

But the theory is the same.. you should be using the view results tree
to verify what is being sent to the server is what you what.  If not,
change your sampler that is sending the data to include the variables
you should be using.

You should read the manual and understand basic test plans
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-web-test-plan.html

-----Original Message-----
From: porobashi [mailto:porobashi@rocketmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:38 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: how to use "CSV Data Set Config" to take input from file

looks like i am missing 'http sampler'. i didn't add any additional
'http
sampler' after exporting from BadBoy. Please look at the
customerregistration_values.png to see the structure of my .jmx file.
what sampler am i missing??? and how to add variables to http sampler?

>Where?  In the debug sampler or the actual http sampler in the request
>tab?  The request tab for the http sampler is going to show what is
sent
>to the server.

the values its showing is in 'view result tree''s response data tab. but
the
request tab is not showing any values. i have attached a screenshot of
'view
results tree's'  request tab. (it shows this after adding 'debug
sampler').

thanks Steve.

Steve Kapinos wrote:

>>2. on 'view results tree' its showing its fetching the values
correctly
> from
>>csv file.
>
> Where?  In the debug sampler or the actual http sampler in the request
> tab?  The request tab for the http sampler is going to show what is
sent
> to the server.
>
> Debug Sampler = show you what vales each variable has
> Http Sampler = show you what was sent and received
>
> You must ensure what you are sending includes the values you want.
>
>>so, my question is how can i make it enter values from csv to DB
rather
> than
>>what i have recorded
>
> By putting your variables into your http sampler properly.  It sounds
> like you have not replaced all the recorded data in your http sampler
> with the variables properly.
>

> Noel O'Brien wrote:
>>
>> Please copy jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org in all responses so that
> others
>> may
>> benefit and help contribute to the thread.
>>
>> What happens when you run it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Noel
>>
>> On Wednesday 28 January 2009 18:32:09 Porobashi M wrote:
>>> Hi Noel,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help. As I said earlier I am testing one of your
>>> applications Registration Page.
>>>
>>> I am attaching a screenshot so that you can how my test plan is.
>>>
>>> What to do now???
>>>
>>> Thanks

http://www.nabble.com/file/p21730563/View%2BResults%2BTree_request_tab.p
ng