jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Kapinos" <Steve.Kapi...@tandberg.com>
Subject RE: how to use "CSV Data Set Config" to take input from file
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:18:44 GMT
>2. on 'view results tree' its showing its fetching the values correctly
from
>csv file.

Where?  In the debug sampler or the actual http sampler in the request
tab?  The request tab for the http sampler is going to show what is sent
to the server.

Debug Sampler = show you what vales each variable has
Http Sampler = show you what was sent and received

You must ensure what you are sending includes the values you want.

>so, my question is how can i make it enter values from csv to DB rather
than
>what i have recorded

By putting your variables into your http sampler properly.  It sounds
like you have not replaced all the recorded data in your http sampler
with the variables properly.

Noel O'Brien wrote:

> Please copy jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org in all responses so that
others
> may
> benefit and help contribute to the thread.
>
> What happens when you run it?
>
> Regards,
> Noel
>
> On Wednesday 28 January 2009 18:32:09 Porobashi M wrote:
>> Hi Noel,
>>
>> Thanks for your help. As I said earlier I am testing one of your
>> applications Registration Page.
>>
>> I am attaching a screenshot so that you can how my test plan is.
>>
>> What to do now???
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> ________________________________

HTTPS
>> and
>> fill in the rest of the necessary data
>>
>> Don't forget to add a listener (e.g. View Results Tree) so that you
can
>> see
>> what's going on
>>
>> Regards,
>> Noel
>>
>> On Wednesday 28 January 2009 17:23:57 porobashi wrote:
>> > I am trying to load test our registration page. I am not limited on
>> > users, but will start with 10-20 users.
>> >
>> > I will like to enter only required fields value.
>> >
>> > My page is https, I will use BadBoy to record the page. Then I need
>> > add "CSV Data Set Config" to the thread group, right? How to go
from
>> > there?
>> >
>> > Thanks

Data