jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Nair, Pramod" <pramod.n...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject RE: Web Service Test Plan - interpreting results. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 06:20:22 GMT
rc is the response code. It returns 200 if your request is a pass. You
can also check the success flag - "s" which is then set to true.

In your case below s is set to false as your request failed and returned
response code, rc=000 and response message, rm=n must be positive

Your Soap request seems to be missing some attributes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ved Gupta [mailto:ved.gupta@abs.gov.au]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 5:45 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Web Service Test Plan - interpreting results.
[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi,

I have followed the instructions for building a web service test plan.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-ws-test-plan.html

I am testing a Java SOAP web service with thread properties of (1
user,1s
ramp up, and 1 loop count).

I have configured my SOAP request from a wsdl and am using a SOAP
request
message that  I have tested in isolation (from Eclipse) and it works
fine.

Soap request message:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<S:Body
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssec
urity-utility-1.0.xsd"
 wsu:Id="XWSSGID-1231221714272-1534277904">
<GetSurveyFormRequest
xmlns="http://www.abs.gov.au/xformviewerfacilities"
xmlns:ns2="http://www.abs.gov.au/common">
<ABSFormIdentifier>
<ns2:UnitID>AT01550625</ns2:UnitID>
<ns2:FormID>Q2</ns2:FormID>
<ns2:CycleID>2534</ns2:CycleID>
<ns2:CollectionID>313</ns2:CollectionID>
<ns2:CycleType>production</ns2:CycleType>
</ABSFormIdentifier>
</GetSurveyFormRequest>
</S:Body>
</S:Envelope>

My  XML results file has the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<testResults version="1.2">
<sample t="0" lt="0" ts="0" s="false" lb="EFS(SOAP) Request" rc="000"
rm="n
must be positive" tn="EFormServiceLoad 1-1" dt="" de="ISO-8859-1" by="0"
sc="1" ec="1" ng="1" na="1">
  <responseHeader class="java.lang.String"></responseHeader>
  <requestHeader class="java.lang.String"></requestHeader>
  <responseData class="java.lang.String"/>
  <responseFile class="java.lang.String"></responseFile>
  <url>http://localhost:8080/XFormViewerFacilities/services</url>
</sample>
</testResults>

My question is what dothe rc and rm attributes mean (response code and
response message).
I can't find anything on the jmeter site that can assist in me
interpreting
the results and why my test has failed.

I have read this page
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/listeners.html

I hope this is enough information, this is the first time I have ever
posted to a mailing list of any type.

I have a feeling it is something simple with my test plan
configuration....

Thanks
Ved
Free publications and statistics available on www.abs.gov.au

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information
and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. This email is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instruments.