jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject RE: Redirects on HTTP Request
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:50:43 GMT

Let me know how you get on!

- Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: David Provan [mailto:daveprovan@hotmail.com]
Sent: 20 January 2009 17:28
To: JMeter List
Subject: RE: Redirects on HTTP Request

Hi,

I considered this, however the product we're testing against can throw 1 to n
redirects (the largest number I have seen so far is 7 in a row).  Otherwise
that would work nicely!

For example

/someapp/servlet redirects to /someapp/another_servlet redirects to
/someapp/next_servlet redirects to /someapp/final_servlet

Thanks

David.

> Subject: RE: Redirects on HTTP Request
> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:24:25 -0500
> From: Steve.Kapinos@tandberg.com
> To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
>
> Why not follow the redirect manually rather then automatically?  Extract
> the path from the response header with regex and feed that as your path
> into the next sample.  How can Jmeter know which server you want to hit?
> You need to tell it explicitly.

Are you a PC?  Upload your PC story and show the world
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/122465942/direct/01/