jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject RE: Best method for saving login tokens
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:21:38 GMT

Hi George,

I would say best approach is to use a regular expression extractor to extract
token from response into a variable, and then use that variable whereever the
token is required in your script.

- Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: George Barnett [mailto:gbarnett@atlassian.com]
Sent: 20 January 2009 06:18
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Best method for saving login tokens

*************************************

This e-mail has been received by the Revenue Internet e-mail service. (IP)

*************************************

Hello,

I'm currently writing a test plan for an application where the
interactions are all via a soap api.   In the test plan, I will be
doing a SOAP call to authenticate a user.  When this happens, I'm
going to get a token back.  I'd like to store this token for later use
as the test should simulate periodically checking this token.

What is the most efficient way to store this username/token
combination for later use by the same thread group to periodically
check the token with the system?

Thanks in advance,

George