jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject RE: distributive testing. Slave machines can't read from .properties file
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:51:43 GMT

Hi,

No, jmeter does not send props files, so you need to copy them to all test
machines. As an alternative solution, you could map network drives and/or
create shortcuts/symbolic links so that slave PCs were reading properties
from the same location as (on) the master.

Regards,

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: liza_dl [mailto:liza_sevastopol@mail.ru]
Sent: 12 January 2009 15:14
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: distributive testing. Slave machines can't read from
.properties file

*************************************

This e-mail has been received by the Revenue Internet e-mail service. (IP)

*************************************

Hi!

I'm doing distributed testing, one master machine and two slave machines.
Is it possible to run test plan from master machine in non-Gui mode?
If yes, than here is my real question:
Jmeter sends test plan to all slave machines. Does it also send .properties
files? I've got a test.properties file with defined properties and in test
plan these properties are called by __P() function.

My bat file looks like this:

SET currDir=%~dp0
SET JMETER_HOME=D:\jmeter\jakarta-jmeter-2.3.2
%JMETER_HOME%\bin\jmeter.bat -Jremote_hosts=10.1.1.105,10.1.1.232 -n -t
%currDir%test_plan.jmx -p test.properties -l result.jtl -r

But it seems that slave machines can't read from test.properties file.

How to solve this problem?