jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter stops ( not hanging )
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:41:13 GMT
On 22/01/2009, ziohausam <ziohausam@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Mahajan, Nitin wrote:
>  >
>  > Did you see OutofMemory Error in console where you started JMeter.
>  > Same thing happened to me and it was memory issue. If this is the case
>  > with you, you can increase Heap Size while starting JMeter.
>  > Also make sure that you don't have "View Result Tree" Listener in your
>  > test plan. It takes lot of memory.
>  >
>  > Thanks,
>  > Nitin
>  >
>  >

> Hi Nitin
>
>  Removed all samplers.

Do you really mean samplers? The test plan won't work without samplers.

>  increased heap size to 2 GB . and still the same
>  problem. is there a minimum requirements needed for the heap size to
>  simulate more than 100 users?

The memory requirements depend very much on the test plan.
But it's certainly possible to run some test plans with more than 100
users but less than 2GB of heap. For example, try a test plan
consisting of one or more Java Request samplers.