jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter and Cosign SSO
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:37:09 GMT
On 21/01/2009, Mahajan, Nitin <NMahajan@edmunds.com> wrote:
> I recorded JMeter scripts where we had SSO in front of application.
>
>  Problem is that while recording when request reaches SSO server it gets
>  redirected couple of times and protocol is changed to HTTPS. JMeter
>  specification says that HTTP Proxy cannot record scripts for HTTPS
>  protocol(since it can't decrypt https request coming from browser). I
>  had to create my Request Samplers manually by capturing Firefox plugin
>  called Tamper Data. I tried using Https Spoofing option in HTTP Proxy
>  but it did not work for me.

JMeter has to intercept HTTP Responses and convert https: into http:
before sending them back to the browser; it's possible that this does
not work in all cases. Also if the same host is used for https and
http, then the spoofing regex has to be carefully chosen to ensure
that only the correct URLs are transformed.

If there is a publicly accessible site that does not work with
spoofing, perhaps someone can provide details so we can investigate
whether it is possible to fix the problem?
[Send the details privately if necessary.]