jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to collect results after distributed testing?
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:58:29 GMT
On 16/01/2009, liza_dl <liza_sevastopol@mail.ru> wrote:

>  Hi!
>
>  How are results collected when testing with one master machine and two slave
>  machines?
>  I've tried to run load testing with mode=Hold and mode=Standard.
>  In the first case result file contains responces only from one of the
>  machines, it seems that the first slave machine sends the result file to
>  master, but then this result file is replaced by result file from the second
>  slave machine.
>  In the second case result file contains all responces from one machine and
>  only few responces from another...
>  What's the matter? Do I need to point somewhere that the test must stop only
>  after ALL slaves finish work?
>  Where?

There was a bug in the collection of responses which meant that the
master JMeter sometimes shuts down before all the responses are
collected. [This has been fixed in the nightly builds].

You may be able to work round the bug by adding a pause (e.g. Test
Action sampler) at the end of the test to ensure that the slower
servers have time to finish sending their samples. This won't work for
Hold mode.

Or use non_GUI mode and merge the test results after the run has finished.