jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Http Cookie Manager and jsessionid
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:11:26 GMT
On 09/01/2009, Maya Hague <mhague94040@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a very similar problem as this and I'm in desperate need for help. Thanks in advance.
maya

>  My test plan includes a threadgroup with the following. Thread Group
>  >> ++HTTP Cookie Manager
>  >> ++WebService(SOAP) Request
>  >> ++WebService(SOAP) Request
>  >> ++WebService(SOAP) Request
>  >> ++WebService(SOAP) Request
>  >> ++View Results Tree
>
>  And I need the sessionid in the first soap call to persist for the rest of the soap
calls. I tried using soap/xml rpc request, but I have to call that soap/xml rpc request before
the every request that I am interested in.

How is the sessionid passed? Is it a cookie?

>  This is what I did, but I would like to make only 1 call to the >> soap/xml rpc_new1
>
>  >> ++HTTP Cookie Manager
>  >> soap/xml rpc_new1
>  >> ++WebService(SOAP) Request (I cannot change this to an soap/xml rpc because
the response is incorrect)

I don't understand why not, it should be able to send any request.
Maybe you need to add a Header Manager.

>  >> soap/xml rpc_new1
>  >> ++WebService(SOAP) Request
>  >> soap/xml rpc_new1
>  >> ++WebService(SOAP) Request
>  >> ++View Results Tree

I don't understand how the session id is working - if it passes from
the RPC sampler to the WebService sampler, why is it not passing to
the next WebService sampler.

There must be something else going on here which has not been described.