jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 00:39:18 GMT
On 09/01/2009, Shelli D. Orton <shelli.orton@wmode.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm using JMeter 2.3.2 and am trying to connect to an Oracle database.  I have included
the ojdbc14_10.1.0.4.0.jar file in my JMeter's lib directory.  I've set up my JDBC Connection
Configuration element's JDBC Driver class to be "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" (which I
also confirmed exists in the jar file).  I've closed/re-opened JMeter since adding the jar
file to the lib directory, but I still get this error:

Sounds OK, but there must be an error somewhere...

>  Thread Name: Ringback Account Manager 1-1
>  Sample Start: 2009-01-08 16:32:21 MST
>  Load time: 1
>  Latency: 1
>  Size in bytes: 0
>  Sample Count: 1
>  Error Count: 1
>  Response code: 08001 0
>  Response message: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>
>  Response headers:
>
>  Is there any other config change that I need to make?  I've used JMeter 2.1.1 in the
past (with oracle9i-classes12.jar) and it worked fine

As far as I know, there has been little or no change in how JMeter
finds the JDBC jar.

I suggest you try a few experiments, e.g. try oracle9i-classes12.jar
with JMeter 2.3.2.

Or you can download derbyclient.jar from Apache:
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html to see if you can load
that (no need to start Derby itself)

Are you positive everything is spelt correctly?
Are there any other errors in the JMeter log file?