jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with CRON and Error in NonGUIDriver java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:41:35 GMT
On 05/01/2009, REMIJAN, MICHAEL J [AG/1000]
<michael.j.remijan@monsanto.com> wrote:
> JMeter Users:
>
>  I'm trying to use CRON to run JMeter and I've run into an old familiar
>  problem of "Error in NonGUIDriver java.lang.NullPointerException".  My
>  CRON job executes:
>
>         /path/to/jmeter/bin/jmeter -t MyScriptScript.jmx -n
>
>  When I do this CRON e-mails me an error with the following text in it:
>
>         "Error in NonGUIDriver java.lang.NullPointerException"
>
>  I've searched the mailing list but only found references to this problem
>  from back in 2002, so I'm assuming it shouldn't be a big issue anymore.
>  Is this not the correct way to run JMeter non-interactively?  What am I
>  doing wrong?  How can I get this working?

Which version of JMeter?
Java?

What does jmeter.log show?

What is the exact error message?

Does JMeter run OK if you run

 /path/to/jmeter/bin/jmeter -t MyScriptScript.jmx -n

in a shell session?

Most likely cause is the cron environment is not set up correctly.

Does JMeter work OK if you execute
>  Thanks in advance,
>  Michael Remijan

>  This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended
prohibited.

>  All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and
archival by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible
for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries,
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.