jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request Time Out
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 12:42:26 GMT
On 01/01/2009, ziohausam <ziohausam@gmail.com> wrote:

>  It seems that i miss many things in Jmeter.
>
>  I record actions successfully, then when i try to run what i have recorded.
>  i see all returned elements in green ( supposed to be Ok), but actually i
>  can see that all returned pages shows in the request panel "request time
>  out"
>
>  i can see in the originally recorded elements, all parameters passed and
>  every thing is recorded fine. why i get request time out when rerun the
>  recordings, and why jmeter doesn't show any thing in red in the tree
>  listener?

The responses are shown as green because the request succeeded - i.e.
it returned an HTML page. Responses are only shown in red if the
request failed, e.g. server returned 404.

If you want to flag "failed" responses you will need to use a Response
Assertion.

>  The developer says that the link calls a servlet and at the beginning of
>  this servlet he checks if session == null, he returns this 'time out'

How are the sessions maintained? The client (browser or JMeter) must
provide the session to the server somehow; e.g. via a cookie or hidden
field.

Make sure that you have added a Cookie Manager to the script.

If it still does not work, see:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/DifferentBehaviour