jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Noel O'Brien <nobr...@newbay.com>
Subject Re: RESTful API
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:00:51 GMT
What are the objectives of your test? (What do you want to prove/disprove)?
Figure out this first, then you can design your tests in JMeter accordingly.

I haven't load tested REST over HTTPS but I don't think it should be any
different than HTTP. There's a good article here if you need to get going
quickly:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/boss.html

Is the authentication you describe done by providing the username/password
through a form or through HTTP BASIC (a popup dialog)?

Regards,
Noel