jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Krishna Kanth B. N." <KrishnaKanth...@infosys.com>
Subject Doubt in Web Services Load Testing
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:59:26 GMT
Hi,

Our requirement is to test a group of related web-services where some of the web services
will call other and there will be a hierarchy of such calls within one group. Therefore, need
to identify the performance load on the execution environment for the entire group. Also need
to track the time/ resources consumed for the intermediate web-service calls and other activities.

Please provide some guidance towards the understanding of the capabilities of the JMeter tool.
Consider the stated requirement.

We have tried creating a Web Service Test plan but unable to track the performance of inner
intermediate web service calls. For the entire group, we can get the performance data but
for the hierarchy inside the group, is there a way to collect data?

We have followed the steps from the below link to create the Web Service Test Plan
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-ws-test-plan.html

Any pointers on this will be highly useful.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks and Regards,
KrishnaKanth B N

Infosys e-mail system.