jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mahajan, Nitin" <NMaha...@edmunds.com>
Subject Jmeter - AutoRefresh Implimentation
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:15:14 GMT
Hi All,

I am using JMeter to generate load scripts for java/j2ee application and
I have reached a point where response page/html have some dynamic
JavaScript to process. To be specific JavaScript refreshes page every 30
sec by generating some url. This url need some request parameter value
which is retrieved from last response bean.

I see in JMEter documentation

              "No. JMeter does not process Javascript or applets
embedded in HTML pages.

JMeter can download the relevant resources (some embedded resources are
downloaded automatically if the correct options are set), but it does
not process the HTML and execute any Javascript functions.

If the page uses Javascript to build up a URL or submit a form, you can
use the Proxy Recording facility to create the necessary sampler. If
this is not possible, then manual inspection of the code may be needed
to determine what the Javascript is doing. "

So my requirement is that I need to get some value from response and use
that value as parameter value in next request.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nitin