jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Kapinos" <Steve.Kapi...@tandberg.com>
Subject RE: Howto: set "duration" or schedule by command line ?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:19:53 GMT
That I am not sure of because I never have used this scheduler
functionality.  I make my tests run a fixed # of iterations, or based on
other criteria determined during the test itself.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mordechai [mailto:mr.happy.snappy@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 11:41 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Howto: set "duration" or schedule by command line ?

Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply, I had tried setting it through the GUI, and
found that Jmeter hung, perhaps I was settting something wrong.

If I want test X to run for 4 hours, is it necessary to check the [x]
loop
forever ?
or by passing the jduration = 14400 is it implied that the test will
continue to run (loop) until 14400 seconds of execution has occurred?

Thanks.
Mordechai

Steve Kapinos wrote:

> You could define the value in the test plan using a property.. and
then
> set the property via the command line using -J
>
> The property could also be defined in a properties fil
>
> If the property is 'duration'  in the test plan use
>
> ${__P(duration,300)}
>
> 300 is a default value you would use if the property was not defined
>
> At the command like use
>
> Jmeter -Jduration=500

Is
> there a way to specify via command line the duration for the test?
I've