jmeter-user mailing list archives

From kirk <kirk.pepperd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thread group thread behavior
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 14:41:39 GMT

>>  I'm using Jetty and it assigns a new jsession every time one is not passed
>> to it. That works very well. If the cookie manager is put into the test
>> plan, the jsession id is passed to jetty and it does not assign a new one.
>> That is evident by my testing.
>>

> However, it should allocate a new cookie every time the Cookie Manager
> parent controller loops.

k, that is my understanding as well.

>> the

>>> In that case, either there is a JMeter bug (AFAIK, 2.3.2 Cookie
>>> Manager is working OK), or the server must be resending the same
>>> cookie to JMeter.
>>>

>>  I'll vote JMeter problem although it may not be a bug per say. The fact
>> that all sessions that don't have a jsession id are assigned one and that
>> one is always sent by JMeter even with the clear cookies box ticked suggests
>>

> I've not seen that - are you sure cookies are being sent after being cleared?

yes, the server is reporting on the jsession as you can see in the
output. If the cookie manager is deleted from the test plan, a new
jsession is assigned on every simple sample.

>>  that maybe cookies are cleared by jsession isn't. If that doesn't happen,
>> jmeter, tomcat and like will use the same session unless the application
>> over-rides with it's own cookies.

>>> I assume you are referring to a server thread.
>>>

>>  No, the JMeter threading.
>>

> That's probably due to the Throughput Controller.

The output you are looking at was produced before I went to the *weird*
configuration and before I started using the throughput controller.

>> From the output you can see that requests
>> received by the  server were almost completely dominated by a single
>> jsession id. This implies that one thread in JMeter was responsible for most
>> of the load on the server. If there were a way to clear the jsession id,
>> that wouldn't matter. However.....
>>

> Which can well be the case if that's what the Throughput Controller
> has been told to do ...

ok, but just to be clear, this threading question was observed prior to
my using the through put controller. I only started going *weird* in an
attempt to work around the problem.

I think what I need to do next is post a test servlet along with a test
plan. The application that I'm currently using is a wee bit too big to post.

Regards,
Kirk