jmeter-user mailing list archives

From kirk <kirk.pepperd...@gmail.com>
Subject thread group thread behavior
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:47:05 GMT
Hi,

I was looking at providing a particular load pattern on a server. When I
wasn't seeing that load show up, I dropped some debug statements into my
servlet code that printed the session id. What I found was that adding a
cookie manager limited the number of sessions to the number of threads.
However, setting the clear cookies check box didn't seem to allow the
server to assign a new session id and hence, create new sessions once
the thread restarts the thread group. Further more, one thread seemed to
be carrying all of the load. Here is the output from my test servlet.
The thread group is configured for 3 threads The cookie manager is set
to clear cookies at the end of each iteration.

15nhcqlwugmkh
npli36fysau0
1nmwz0414pt0d
npli36fysau0