jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thread group thread behavior
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 14:52:57 GMT
On 05/12/2008, kirk <kirk.pepperdine@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >  I'm using Jetty and it assigns a new jsession every time one is not
> passed
> > > to it. That works very well. If the cookie manager is put into the test
> > > plan, the jsession id is passed to jetty and it does not assign a new
> one.
> > > That is evident by my testing.
> > >

> > However, it should allocate a new cookie every time the Cookie Manager
> > parent controller loops.
> >

>  k, that is my understanding as well.

> at
> > > > >

> > > the

> clear

> > >  I'll vote JMeter problem although it may not be a bug per say. The fact
> > > that all sessions that don't have a jsession id are assigned one and
> that
> > > one is always sent by JMeter even with the clear cookies box ticked
> suggests
> > >

> > I've not seen that - are you sure cookies are being sent after being
> cleared?
> >

>  yes, the server is reporting on the jsession as you can see in the output.

I can see the values, but they mean nothing to me without seeing what
JMeter is doing.

Are you positive that the first sampler in the thread after the
cookies have been cleared is sending a cookie? This should be visible
in the View Results Tree "Request" panel. The Set-Cookie headers
appear in the "Sampler Result" panel.

> If the cookie manager is deleted from the test plan, a new jsession is
> assigned on every simple sample.

OK, but that does not have any bearing on whether the Cookie Manager
is misbehaving or not.

> > >  that maybe cookies are cleared by jsession isn't. If that doesn't
> happen,
> > > jmeter, tomcat and like will use the same session unless the application
> > > over-rides with it's own cookies.

> > >  No, the JMeter threading.
> > >

> > That's probably due to the Throughput Controller.
> >

>  The output you are looking at was produced before I went to the *weird*
> configuration and before I started using the throughput controller.
>

> > > From the output you can see that requests
> > > received by the  server were almost completely dominated by a single
> > > jsession id. This implies that one thread in JMeter was responsible for
> most
> > > of the load on the server. If there were a way to clear the jsession id,
> > > that wouldn't matter. However.....
> > >

> > Which can well be the case if that's what the Throughput Controller
> > has been told to do ...
> >

>  ok, but just to be clear, this threading question was observed prior to my
> using the through put controller. I only started going *weird* in an attempt
> to work around the problem.
>
>  I think what I need to do next is post a test servlet along with a test
> plan. The application that I'm currently using is a wee bit too big to post.

OK - but please don't post code / JMX to the mailing list.

Either upload to a public URL and post that, or create a Bugzilla
issue and attach to that, or send the file(s) to me directly.