jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thread group thread behavior
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 01:10:27 GMT
On 03/12/2008, kirk <kirk.pepperdine@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I was looking at providing a particular load pattern on a server. When I
> wasn't seeing that load show up, I dropped some debug statements into my
> servlet code that printed the session id. What I found was that adding a
> cookie manager limited the number of sessions to the number of threads.
> However, setting the clear cookies check box didn't seem to allow the server
> to assign a new session id and hence, create new sessions once the thread
> restarts the thread group. Further more, one thread seemed to be carrying
> all of the load. Here is the output from my test servlet. The thread group
> is configured for 3 threads The cookie manager is set to clear cookies at
> the end of each iteration.
>
>  15nhcqlwugmkh
>  npli36fysau0
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  npli36fysau0
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  15nhcqlwugmkh
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>  1nmwz0414pt0d
>
>  Is this expected behavior?

Difficult to say without knowing how the session ids are allocated and
how many samplers there are in the thread.

You might find it helpful to turn on debugging for the Cookie Manager
(e.g. select it and use Help/Enable debug).

The View Results Tree Listener can be used to show the cookies; you
can see noew ones are being sent by the server.

Server cookies are also stored as variables, so you could save those
in the JTL file:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/listeners.html#sample_variables