jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A very Simple Query
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 11:32:10 GMT
On 01/12/2008, anindya_67 <anindya4all@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for the prompt reply.
>
>  Actually I have  apache logs from production server for one peak load hour.
>  and I want to replay the load as it is is on test server. So what I did was
>  I took out the URLs from apache log and put them in a .csv file. Them from
>  Jmeter test plan my two threads are reading the URLs from that csv file and
>  sending the requests. I want to send all request in exactly one hour, so I
>  divided the no. of URLs accessed in peak load hour  by 3600 sec to get time
>  delay  between each request and put in test plan in Order to pupm all
>  request in one hour exact for replaying the load. For this i have used
>  constant timer.  But on running the test plan it waits for the response of
>  the requests and hence I am not getting the required rate.
>
>  As I have unique URLs (some 50k unique URLs) in my csv file, I have divided
>  the file in to two parts and my two threads are playing the requests. I
>  cannot use more threads, as dividing the actual URLs in to several files
>  would forfeit the purpose of simulating actual load (order of the URLs are
>  also important here).

Just use a single CSV file and set the CSV Dataset to share it between
all threads.
Each thread will read the file as it needs the next entry.

However, you'll need to ensure that the sampler is not delayed by the
timer, so add any required timers to a Test Action placed after the
sampler.

Alternatively, use the __StringFromFile() function to read the file
directly from the sampler, e.g. put the following in the Path:

${__StringFromFile(URLfileName)}

There's also the Access Log Sampler which may do what you want.

>  Can I put the response wait OFF from some Jmeter config settings?

No. But of course you can always edit the source to do this, if you
have sufficient Java knowledge.