jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A very Simple Query
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 09:54:42 GMT
On 01/12/2008, anindya_67 <anindya4all@gmail.com> wrote:

>  How can I send HTTP requests from Jmeter at a constant rate without waiting
>  for response of the request?
>
>   I am using "HTTP sampler" control and its thread wait for the response
>  before sending another request, but I don't want that. I want a single
>  thread to send request constantly at a rate (say 3 per second) without
>  waiting for response.

That's not possible.

HTTP is a request-response protocol, and JMeter waits for the response.

>  Any help would be appreciated as I am new to Jmeter and badly need a
>  solution for this.

Why? What scenario are you simulating?

If you want to maintain a constant rate, you can use multiple threads and use a

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Constant_Throughput_Timer

to set the request rate. If there are enough threads, it should be
possible to maintain the rate even though some threads are waiting for
a response.